Thursday, August 20, 2009

Looking forward to the weekend

Every time I think my weekend is going to be relaxing and peaceful, it isn't! So I'm going to try and get that thought out of my head!


Still warm and humid here, supposed to get some relief by the weekend. Probably so with "Bill" coming up the coast. Have to say, we do need the rain. July was a very wet month, but not so much for August so far. The oldest birthday is on Monday. Haven't gotten anything for him and really don't know what to get the kid. All he wants is games and more games. All the kid does when he's not working is play games, all day and into the wee hours of the morning. Then he can't get up. I'm just not going to encourage that. He has classes in the afternoon this year, which means he can sleep late in the morning. Or so he thinks! I've already told him he's getting a list of chores to do before he goes to class.


I'm stranded at home tonight, so no knitting. Again! I have been working on my top a lot lately though. I'm almost through this long, long chapter for class. Decided to break it down into smaller pieces and work slowly through this chapter since the final exam is made up of this chapter and the last chapter. Have to pay attention!! Hubby switched vehicles with me tonight. I have the pick up. The pick up with the problems, lol. About 2 weeks ago the headlight blew so he wasn't driving it at night. They had the bulb replaced, but the mechanic was supposed to drain all the water that is sitting in the lens out and didn't. Hubby says it makes it hard to see if the light is on and he seems to think that is what made the bulb go in the first place. And, the check engine light is on and the truck runs funny after you hit 50. Feels like the engine is shaking. Ugh. Since hubby only drives the truck occasionally, and it really is more the fools, hubby wants to wait until the fool comes back, maybe this weekend, to have the truck fixed. He wants to pretend he knows nothing about the truck acting funny and the light being on because he doesn't want to fix it, lol. I say good for hubby because hubby is always paying for things for the fool. Maybe he's starting to realize just how much he's being used by his family. Anyway, hubby wasn't driving it home at night and just staying at the station. I much prefer he stay put instead of risking breaking down on the way home with the truck. Problem is, neither one of us sleeps well at night. I haven't been able to relax at night with him not there and he hasn't gotten much sleep either. I think I was in the station like 3 times last night. Each time I was there I teased the crap out of the man, and then walked out, lol. He looked so tired, I told him he had to come home just to get some decent sleep. Well, he made it home last night. That man snored seemed like nonstop, all night. He was snoring when my alarm went off this morning! I was seriously rethinking wanting him home, lol. He kept me awake a little, but I managed to get some decent sleep. There's something wrong with me when I need a snoring husband next to me to sleep well, lol!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.