Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Not much

The youngest decided to brave the heat this afternoon and visit the garden. Two strainers full of cherry tomato's later........................... I have to deal with them for now. I used most of the ripe tomato's for the tomato salad and hubby's salsa. It must have been good because the man sucked that stuff down in no time, lol! The weekend is supposed to be cooler, in the 70's so I'll probably work on doing something with the tomato's then.


This is the third day in a row the temps have hit 90 or above. It's official, summer has arrived, lol. Better late than not at all I guess. It's miserable hot here. This heat is kicking my butt, just drains me, even the little bit I'm out in it. So glad my lady has ac!!

Early Saturday morning, like around 4 am or so, the phone rings. I didn't bother to get up and answer it because it's either work for hubby or one of his family members in India. Well, it was work. Around 3:30 am a lady went through the intersection, into the station parking area, took down the supports that hold the one side of the stairs for the apt up, clipped the side of the building where the basement is, went down both sets of stairs leading into the town park, took out two sections of the fence around the parking area, and ended up out on the little side road. Hubby had closed the station down at 2:30 am and was home. The kid upstairs was woken up, thinking there was an earthquake. I don't have any other details since nobody saw
it and I haven't seen a write up in the paper for it yet. This is it could have been so much worse. She managed to not hit anything major, building, pumps, etc.

Spent most of last week dealing with the kid and his computer. He bought a new hp notebook early in July. By the second week of August, it stopped working. We didn't get any kind of warranty on it because we were under the impression it had a 60 day warranty. Store we bought it from says no. But, there were 4 of us that day when the kid bought it and we all remember the same thing. Hhmm. Anyway, we went yesterday to a computer repair shop to see exactly what's wrong with it and the motherboard is fried. They guy told the kid to either send it back to hp asking for a replacement or to take it back to the store and complain until they give him a new one. So the kid asks me what he should do. I told him he is probably better of dealing with hp instead of the store. Personally, I've about had it with the ignorant attitudes of the people in that store. I've been in twice and both times people were ignorant and sometimes downright nasty with me. So I gave it right back to them. Usually I don't but when I ask a question and get a nasty answer, well, you've got it coming. Sorry for making you actually do your job! One of my first jobs was working retail and the thing they kept drumming into your head was how the customer was always right, no matter how wrong they were. If you were rude, nasty, ignorant, or refused to help a customer, your job was on the line. Not anymore, the company's don't care if you shop their store or not. With this economy the way it is, they should start caring again.

Ok enough of that, to hot to get to worked up!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.