Does this mean the rest of the work week will just fly by?? Work was chaotic today, but it did go pretty fast once things started rolling.
This whole day was a really busy one. I dropped both kids off at work, made a deposit for the station, put dinner in the crock pot, and shopped for my lunch, since I forgot the stuff yesterday, all before I even started work today. I was tired before I even went to work! Glad today was the cleaning lady's day. Things were rather calm and my lady took her sweet old time getting out of bed this morning. But then, her cleaning lady was in there talking to her for almost an hour too. This lady is 100% alert and nothing, nothing is done without her say so. So I got to watch the news for an hour this morning, after I did the few things she always wants done first thing. She gets hot cereal, usually, in the mornings. This morning was the second morning in a row that it cooked over in the microwave. Yesterday I thought maybe I put it on for longer than normal, but today I know I didn't. I've been making this stuff every day for her for the past 2 weeks now, and all of a sudden it cooks over. Don't understand why. I used to put a paper towel over the bowl, but one day the towel fell in the bowl so now I use the microwave covers. With the covers it cooks over. Can't seem to win. Tomorrow I'm going to use a different tactic and see what happens. That was the high point of the day, lol. She's finally getting around to sending out thank you cards to the people who made contributions in her husbands name, so I spent most of the day writing them out for her. Yesterday I started them until it was time for me to go. Today's people are people she knows very well, so she wanted to write something special in those cards. I'm assuming now that she's started she will want to keep going until it's done. It will probably take the rest of the week to do. She got so many sympathy cards, stacks and stacks. I may not be able to write by the time Friday gets here, lol.
It seems like some of the humidity has lifted a little. But, by the weekend, the heat and humidity that seems to be covering most of the country will be heading our way :( It is the middle of August and it won't last forever. I've been seeing the leaves on the trees starting to change color. Always a good sign!!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
August
(19)
- The time has come..............
- My poor achin back
- Off to a good start
- Longggggggg day
- Unsettled morning
- Feeling out of it
- Looking forward to the weekend
- Not much
- Not a day for me to be outside
- I think I've finally lost it
- One down one to go
- Over the hump
- How odd
- Heat and humidity
- Ho hum day
- Oh my!!!!!
- Feeling overwhelmed
- So much for my plans...............
- A whole bunch of nothing
-
▼
August
(19)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
1 comment:
Glad to hear the humidity is moving out. It was 94 today here but they are saying it might cool down next week. We are only 2 tomato plant growers and it is a good thing we didn't do more with finding the vegetable fairy on my porch. If I am around to plant a tomato plant next year I will put red hot pepper on the tomato's to keep the squirrels away.
Post a Comment