Saturday, August 29, 2009

Off to a good start


Today has gotten off to a good start. I'm right on track, for a change, lol!
Yesterday for work, I put on a pair of jeans that really were big on me. They kept sliding down to my hips. Checked the size and they are the bigger size I have. The bigger size I was slowly creeping into. It's really a shame because I love the brand these jeans are, but.................. Anyway, last night I was digging through the back of my closet and I pulled out a dark pair of jeans I haven't seen in a while and put them out to wear today. They are the size I'm wearing now, but you know how the same size can be cut bigger or smaller? These were in the smaller cut size. Well, put them on and they fit! I do know why they are in the back of the closet though, to short in the leg. They are the jeans I will wear if wearing boots in the winter. So back they went. But the fact that they fit made me dig deeper, through all those smaller cut jeans. Granted a few still don't fit, but quite a few do. Some were the next size down, but cut bigger. Some of those fit to. So, I'm a happy camper that the weight is slowly coming off. No, I didn't hop on the scale because I know that evil thing will only bust my bubble by saying I probably only lost one ounce. Why put myself through that? The scale is buried under all those jeans, where it will stay. For now.
My eating has changed. My mentality about eating has changed. I used to think you had to have meat, starch and a veggie for dinner. And being a single mom for years, pasta is cheap if you buy it at the dollar store. Now that I've been yo-yoing for a while now, I finally realize that there are no set rules to eat by. They boys are older now to and sometimes I'm the only one here for dinner. I can cook what I feel like eating. That and the loss of appetite some days along with the fact that I think I want something, I make it and it just has no taste or doesn't really taste as good as I remember it. I've added more fruit and veggies. But not a lot of salads because I can't always chew properly and honestly, I'm tired of the rabbit food. There are days when I find myself craving something I can actually chew and taste, but I have only been eating until that gnawing, empty feeling goes away in my stomach. Being so busy after work has made dinner later, bad thing, I know, but I don't eat much after. The occasional binge, but not like before. I usually pack something light for lunch at work, not a sandwich. Not a real big sandwich fan anyway. Sometimes a half isn't enough, but a whole one is to much. Go figure. I'm just going to keep doing this because it's working, without actually feeling deprived. And I'm going to avoid the scale!!
Last night had such a time sleeping. Wasn't sleepy. Went to bed around 1:30 am. Unusual for me, tried staying up for hubby, but the closer it came to 2 am, the more I wanted to just lay down. Up and out the door by 9 am this morning. UGH!! Since I was out I picked up the few things I need. And avoided the usual supermarket crowd for today by getting there early. All my running is done for today. Tomorrow is church and then home again. I'm feeling settled at home. Have some things I want to make. It's a rainy, and really cool day, only in the lower 50's so it's a good stay at home day.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.