Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Unsettled morning

This morning is one of those mornings where nothing suits me. Clothes, hair, etc. I've changed I don't know how many times, hate the do this morning, and breakfast is boring, lol. Hope work gets exciting, but probably not.


Left early yesterday to do the TBI training. TBI stands for traumatic brain injury. You can get anyone from severe to mild. Whats been happening in this state is the places that were devoted to specifically TBI are closing down. That leaves these people with few options. The healthcare agencies are picking up these people because we do handle these types of cases, just not on a regular basis. My very first case with the agency was a TBI case, but the patient was severe. This training is for the patients who basically have to relearn basic living skills all over again and can function pretty much on their own in time.

I found the training really interesting. Sounds like the kind of change of pace I'm needing right now. I really don't know what's going to happen with the lady I'm taking care of now. She's talking about different options for herself. I kind of figured this would happen so we'll see just how long this lasts for me. I don't fit any of the options she's been thinking about.


I left my lady to go do this training early. Get to the office and the woman who was doing the training had called and said she would be a hour late. Ok. Really am stuck in town because by the time I got home I would have to turn around and come back anyway. Why waste the gas. So I walk around in some stores and come back an hour later. She's still not there. Sit around in the office for 30 minutes before she finally comes in. Training was scheduled for 1-3. How are you going to do all this in 30 minutes?? By the time we got done is was almost 4pm. She did really breeze through it and skipped a lot of things. I left feeling like we really didn't get the proper training because she was late. But, its done and I was really anxious to get out of there. After 3 pm it seemed like every ones cells started going off, including the trainers, lol.


Well, need to figure out what I might want for lunch and then I'm off. Oh joy!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

TBI is really serious business and specialized too.

You must get injuries of various severeity.

Hard work this

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.