Friday, August 28, 2009

Longggggggg day

This has been such a long day, I'm glad it's almost over. My lady didn't want to much done today because she's just wiped out. I did try to get some things accomplished for her to carry her over for the weekend. Her daughter left on Monday so this weekend will be the first weekend she's been totally alone since her husband passed. I'm wondering how she's going to make out.


I decided, after work to do the shopping that needed to be done. I did go home to drop my stuff off and get a child, pay the bills and get them in the mail, then off into town again. We walked in the door about 7:30 tonight, after leaving around 4 pm. But, got the food shopping done, errands done, dropped my time sheet off, and went looking for pillows and a small table for the living room. No luck with the table or pillows. Saw a lot of wicker furniture. I've always wanted wicker furniture for the sun room. Now I see it and don't have room for it, lol. Did get 2 new purses while I was out. Like I need another purse! One was really cute and small for church. It's woven and has a blue with white polka dot bow in the front. The other one is leather. It's small to and has a rose design on it. Good for work and good for year round use.


Yesterday I had to run to the post office in the town I work in. Now, I'm not very familiar with this town, or rather city. I usually avoid places with one way streets. I knew at some point the post office would be on my list of places to go, so I looked up the directions online. Sounds silly, but my lady is clueless when it comes to directions. All that stuff her husband handled. I'm thinking since it's a post office it would have off street parking. Wrong! And, it's on a one way street. Fortunately, a friend of mine told me the names of the three main streets in that city that all connect to the road I actually live on. Miles away, though. So, if I lose one I can always pick up another to connect back to where I need to be. It really wasn't that hard since I was paying attention to street signs, and those main roads aren't one ways. It's those little streets off the main streets that are such buggers! On the way back I had to stop for the train. I was actually wondering if the tracks were still used. At the end of my lady's street are train tracks that you actually have to drive on to go around the block. I didn't think the tracks were used because they look really close to the sidewalk, but I took a good look and they go right through the center of the city. Really cool to watch a train go right through the city.


Tomorrow I plan on using the tomatoes we got out of the garden. Making stewed tomatoes and salsa. Hubby's and ours. Then the rest of the weekend I have to work on class. Finished the study guide yesterday. Boy, was this chapter one of the longest and hardest yet! Glad I'm almost done with it!

The temps have cooled down quite a bit. In the 50's at night and 70's during the day. My kind of weather! I can only hope it stays this way. Our county fair starts on Wednesday and ends on Labor day. I've been thinking about going on labor day, since I took the day off. That's the only day they are having the rodeo. I'd love to see one again and the boys, I hope, would enjoy it. Gonna ask hubby if he can take some time off to go with us to. If for some reason it decides to get nasty hot and humid again, we won't be going.

The kids start school the day after labor day this year. Can't wait! This month just seems like it's never going to end!

1 comment:

Amrita said...

You had a busy day Madison. The stewed tomatoes sound good.

I am cooking lamb mince tonight after ages.Its very expensive but I wanted to splurge.

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.