Sunday, August 2, 2009

So much for my plans...............


Yesterday was such a busy day! I should have known it would be that way if I'm takin hubby with me. We went to visit his cousins wife, then went to the home improvement store for some stuff for the sun room roof. They only had one of the things we need. After that hubby was already to go home. Um..............not so fast there, what about what I need to do. Can you imagine, the man forgot I had errands to do, lol? But, the night before I explained to him where I needed to go and for what. That was the whole reason for taking him with me!
I wanted to look for heavy curtains for the kitchen and small bedroom. I like curtains in the summer that block the sun. The rooster curtains in the kitchen just weren't doing if for me. The small bedroom doesn't have a blind in the window at all, yet. I tried the thrift store first since that one always has a huge selection of curtains. And all linens were half price! Can't beat that. I found a pair of red drapes for the kitchen. In my kitchen I have one big window and a smaller window over the sink. Very hard to find kitchen curtains that match with windows like that. But, I saw red cotton curtains, that were small so I grabbed them. I had never thought of putting red in my kitchen, but with all the rooster stuff, it looks nice. I put a small cream color semi-sheer curtain under the sink window curtains because I bought a sheer cream colored pair to go under the red drapes for the big window. They have a very delicate flower pattern on them. If I remember later, after my kitchen is cleaned, I'll try to take a pic. I found a heavy pair of drapes for the small bedroom. Perfect size, no hemming needed. So I spent today washing, hemming and hanging them.
While we were out hubby realized he needed to get a bulb for the headlight that is blown in the pick up. Ok. Then he wanted to go to Peebles for some stuff since the fool is leaving either Friday or Saturday for India. Hubby wanted to send some stuff for his nephew who just turned 5, I think. Hubby originally wanted a Nike cap from Peebles. Well..................we ended up with a lot more, lol. If you open a new account with them you got an extra 30% off if approved. Hubby wanted shoes for his nephew, but didn't want to pay the price, even with buy one get one half off. I looked at the sandals, but didn't see anything with out the toe strap that I could wear for work. Or a price I was willing to pay. I was looking at the purses, like I need another one, and found one I instantly fell in love with. Leave it to me to find the only purse rack with the most expensive purses and the smallest percentage off. Hubby found me while I was looking and asked me if I wanted the purse. Told him yea, but then showed him the price and told him no. When we checked out was when hubby decided to apply for the credit card. He got approved. Since the extra 30% off was good for all day, just that day, I told hubby to get the shoes for his nephew. So he did, and got himself a pair to. And I got my purse. The total amount we saved was the original price of the purse, so that didn't hurt that much. And hubby got all the shopping done for his nephew. At least he says he did. I haven't asked and I'm afraid to.
The last thing we did was a little food shopping. On the way home we checked two more stores for the other thing hubby needs for the roof. One place was closed and the other didn't have it. They told hubby to go to the place that's closed, lol. So, we go to the station and hubby says stay while the oldest changes the bulb for the headlight. Only take 5 minutes he says. Well.................30 minutes later, I'm still waiting for the bulb to be replaced. Hmmmmm, harder than you thought, maybe? Hubby and the oldest decide that it's the wrong bulb, he gives me all the info to exchange it for the right one. At this point, I'm exhausted. We left the house around 11:30 am and it's now close to 6 pm. My back's aching and my feet are just tired. But, since the auto parts store closes late, we dropped the food off and ran back into town to the auto parts store to exchange the bulb. Ended up returning it because none of the bulbs looked like the one we got out of the pick up. Since we were close to walmart I had the oldest go in there and see if they had one. They didn't. I took myself shopping to Fashion Bug because they had a sale on clearance. Buy one clearance item and get the second for $5. I walked out of there with 4 new tops. Called hubby and told him what was going on with the bulb and he said to forget it they will take it to the shop on Monday to get the bulb replaced. Fine.
Tomorrow is already looking busy because I have to go to the store in town and get the other thing hubby needs for the roof, after I take the oldest to work. While we were out, the oldest bought a weight bench and hubby got "us" a stationary bike. Since we had the car, we have to go back and pick up those things tomorrow. It really stinks because I work in town and it would be much easier to just go and get the stuff after work, but I need someone to lift all that stuff in the bed of the truck. I know I'm not doing it. Plus, I want to do a really good food shopping since we have nothing in the house anymore. I've just been getting things we need to get through.
I was so tired and my back ached so bad I couldn't sleep last night. I took an Advil and had started to drift off when hubby called for a ride home. I actually had hubby rub the oil on my back so I could sleep. My back feels pretty good today, except for the lower part. Nothing like yesterday. Never made it to church this morning. Hubby was going to go, but we were both so tired, we stayed in bed. I never got up until at 10 am and hubby noon. The plan was to work on the roof since the oldest is here to help him, but it was raining almost all day. The rain finally stopped around 3 or so. They did go up there and patch the roof for now, since they saw the problem and well...........kind of made it worse, thinking they had most of today to fix it. The forecast is calling for downpours later tonight again with the rain clearing out after midnight. I have buckets and a tarp down under the leaking part. Tomorrow I have to go get the other thing so hubby can fix the roof before he goes to work. Unfortunately, he has to do it alone since the oldest will be working to. But, we are supposed to get rain the rest of the week and now, it has to be fixed.
I've gotten quite a few things accomplished so I think I'm going to take about an hour and just sit and read. And relax, I'm still tired. Work has been calling me wanting me to work tonight. NOT!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.