Have you every washed and attempted to dry a cell phone?? Well, I did! Boy, is the youngest going to be upset! Oh well, his fault for not emptying his pockets before he put his pants in the laundry :( I am not in the habit of checking the guys pants pockets. I figure they are all old enough to empty their pockets for themselves. Occasionally I've washed something that I have left in my pants pockets as well. Anyway, I put the wash in the dryer and I kept hearing this thumping noise, like I washed sneakers or something. Which I didn't. So I stopped the dryer and took all the clothes out and sure enough, there was the cell phone. Oops!The good thing about today is, one more day until the weekend, and I'm home all alone. A rare thing during the summer months. The weather is beautiful right now. Mid to upper 70's and very little humidity. I plan on enjoying it because after Sunday, warmer air and lots of humidity moves in. I guess I can tolerate it because I know my veggies will like it. Our garden just doesn't seem to be doing as well as in previous years. I'm thinking the cooler than normal temps and the lack of humidity. People have also been saying we just might have an early Fall. Hope they are right!
Work is getting better, not as exhausted as I was before. And, the case has become permanently mine. The nurse did a visit today and my temp lady requested to keep me. I don't have anything else lined up and I'm really ok with it. No hateful teenager to deal with, and I don't have to sit in the sweltering heat and humidity with only one fan. Works for me. On the other hand, I have reservations about taking it because I've gone on vacation before and have always come back to the case I left. But, no body requested I not come back either. My temp lady did feel bad to, but she just wanted someone she felt more comfortable with. I guess when it comes right down to it, it's all about the clients and what makes them happy. So, it is what it is. And with this one, I get to do errands which puts me out of the house a lot to. Running errands always makes the day go faster. I believe, after the youngest goes back to school, the hours will change a little. I'll start later and end an hour later, but then I will have all morning to do what needs to be done in my house first. And, it's high time the other people in this house start carrying their weight. I'm tired of being there and doing for everyone else all the time. No body does for me like I do for them. Maybe I'm just tired of being a mom. They are all going to find themselves left on their own. I'm going to work my school work around my work hours. And, I'm not giving up my outside activities either. If it doesn't get done over the weekend, then it just isn't going to get done. By me anyway. The marathon weekends are over to. Everyone else gets down time, it's my turn now. Hum, think maybe I'll be having some miserable males on my hands?
2 comments:
I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT DOING EVERYTHING..
I AM OFF FOR A GIRLS WEEKEND AND THEY CAN ALL FEND FOR THEMSELVES...
Oh dear, is the phone working?
Post a Comment