Not really much going on around here today. The boys slept in this morning, so did hubby. I had a 10 am hair appt, so I had to be up and moving.
Hubby was telling me last night he wants to go to the city when the cousin he works with, (the fool)
comes back. I told him to have fun, lol. I really have no interest in going to the city. He wanted me to drive. I told him no way! I don't drive in any city where the parking spaces are only 4 inches long, and all the streets are 0ne ways, the opposite direction you want to go in, lol. He suggested the train, again, have fun. I wouldn't mind taking the train into the city, except he wants to shop before he goes to India. Do I really want to carry bags and bags into store after store , through the city and then on the train?? Um, no. So, I told him to call one of his friends to see if he would come get him and the oldest and take them into the city. I'm sure this guy will. He's young, in his early 20's and just loves to drive. He's shown up at the station at 10 at night to spend time with hubby and then driven back to the city after a few hours. Crazy. Or I'm just getting old.
Don't know what I want to spend the rest of my day doing. Cleaning is not an option, not with the boys home the rest of the week. Why bother. I should work on my translations for the next class, but, not really in the mood. Might reread the past chapter, or not. Might go over the sermon from Sunday. The elder that preached this past Sunday tends to jump all over the place and I end up mainly concentrating on what verse he's reading and just jotting things down I want to go back over later. The other elder picks a book and goes through it. This one picks usually a person, this month it's David. I never realized just how much David is mentioned in the Bible until I started looking last night. Wow. But since I know that's what he's going to be covering, I like to read a little beforehand so I have a clue about what's going on. I haven't read my Bible much in the past. Since I've been going to church regularly and started Bible study, and this class, I'm reading it more often. There's just so much I either don't remember or just don't know.
The women in the church are going to a conference in May, around mother's day weekend. I've known about it in the past, but never went. This year I'm thinking of actually going. I think it would be good for me to just do this for myself and be around other Christian women. I talked to my mother about going with me. She figured my father will say no, since he will have to stay at my house while we are gone. She was telling me he's still passing out so she doesn't let him go anywhere alone. He still refuses to tell the doc what's happening and she won't tell his doc either. Well.......... But, I think I'm going to go either way. I've already talked to hubby about it and he's ok with it, either with or without my parents. One thing about hubby, he respects my religion. He doesn't understand it, but he won't ever refuse me anything concerning it. I haven't tried to change his mind, but we do have talks about my religion and I'm thinking maybe the best way to show him about my religion is to try to lead by example. He's questioned me about Jesus before and at first it just kind of threw me because I grew up in the church and hearing about Jesus was just normal. Then I realized where he comes from, this is all new for him. He's never heard about Jesus. I found that hard to imagine. But he does have a Bible in his language and he will go to my church when he can, so. That's a start anyway.
I was listening to the weather and possibly more snow for Wednesday into Thursday. I'm hoping for the rain. It depends on the temps and the track of the storm whether we get snow, a mix or just rain. Guess it's safe to say we're going to get some form of precipitation? Anyway, I have my last dentist appt on Thursday . I made this appt 3 weeks ago. I would hate to have it cancelled and wait another 3 weeks.
Hubby's at work and won't be home now until Friday night. The cousin, (the fool) drove hubby's truck supposedly to a friends house, was going to leave the truck there and then him and the friend were going to the airport together. Another relative was supposed to bring the truck back to us. Well, the fool left on Thursday and we have yet to see the truck. It was supposed to be back over the weekend, now it's sometime this week. Since hubby has to be at work at noon and I'm working at noon, hubby has no way to get to work. He has to stay in the apt upstairs until the weekend when I'm off. This is not sitting well with me. This is so not fair, to me, to us, to the kids. The fool screws hubby over all the time and hubby just lets him get away with it. I so want to step in, but it's not my fight and I would probably get ignored anyway. So, I'm trying to explain to hubby that it's ok to do for people, but when they start to take advantage and screw you, it's time to stop. I don't know if he gets it.
Guess that's about it. Need to find something to occupy myself with, lol.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
February
(25)
- Frozen morning
- Glad it's Friday
- Starting to feel a little better
- Just need to get this out.............
- Trying to get myself back on track
- Hmmm............don't think I like this
- Random photo of India scenery
- The Golden Temple in India
- algie eaters
- Hubby having lunch
- To tired
- Unsettled
- Frustration, and prayer request
- Dull Monday
- What better way to spend a Saturday night
- Finally out of the dark
- Glad this day is almost over
- odds and ends
- Off to a late start
- The weekend is finally here
- Made it thorough another day
- Wednesday
- Today's agenda
- Feelin like crap
- Relaxing day
-
▼
February
(25)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
No comments:
Post a Comment