Friday, February 20, 2009

To tired

I think I tried to pack way to many things into my afternoon today. Work wasn't to bad, I remembered to bring my planner along so I could pay bills and plan my week. One less thing I have to do on Friday night, and it takes up a good amount of time in the morning.

I get a phone call 7:45 this morning. It's someone calling for an interview for the oldest. I had a very restless night last night and the phone ringing that early didn't help any. So, crawl out of bed to take the message, and since it's rather cool in the house, it just kind of woke me up. So I stayed up with the cat following my every move thrilled that I'm actually awake now and not still in bed bashing the snooze every few minutes. Throw a load of laundry in so it can dry while I'm at work and start to get myself ready for the day. That's probably why I remembered to bring my planner, I was up earlier than normal. Friday's I move at the pace of a snail, lol.

So, just as I'm getting ready to leave work hubby calls and wants different shoes and socks. I never made it to the station yesterday because of the snow. Over 3" of the while stuff. Huge fluffy flakes to. I went around taking pics because it was just so pretty. Most of the snow we had melted because of the "warmer" temps. We got enough to cover the ground and have the roads plowed. On Wednesday we got snow. Not supposed to be a lot, maybe an inch or two. It snowed earlier than expected and by the time I left work the trucks were out on the roads. It had been snowing for maybe an hour or so. It wasn't sticking so I thought the trucks being out was odd. Yesterday, snow/rain showers were predicted. It starts snowing. No trucks out on the roads. Not until quite a while after it started snowing. Seems a little backwards, ya think? Knitting class was cancelled, which is hardly ever cancelled, so I called hubby and asked him what the roads looked like. We live off of a back road, so I have to walk to the end of my driveway to see the road. Hubby tells me the roads are very bad and to stay home.

There was a customer in the store who was really upset because the roads were bad and she was trying to get to Mass. Good luck getting up the hill into Mass with the bad roads. We are only a few minutes from Mass and Ct, and the road that connects the states is a very winding, uphill, zero visibility road. Your typical mountain road. If the weather is to bad, they will close the road. Hubby was trying to tell this woman a different way to go to avoid that particular stretch of road, but it was longer. He said she ended up staying at a bed and breakfast. Wise move.

So I settled in for the night, just me and the youngest and the cat. We vegged in front of the tv all night. It was one of those nights where I was so tired while watching tv, and then when I went to bed, wide awake! I. Hate. Those. Nights. Anyway, got side tracked.

After work I had to do the normal bank and post office errands. Decided to mail my time sheet since more snow is predicted for tomorrow into Sunday. Hadn't planned on church anyway, since missionaries were supposed to come and tell about what's going on in the mission field for them. After is a luncheon. It's not that I don't care what the missionaries are doing, I do. I just don't like them speaking in place of a sermon. I would rather have the normal service and do the missionaries either Saturday night or Sunday night. That's just me.

Stop at the station to deliver hubby his shoes and warmer socks and get hit with going to the bank to get change for the weekend. Apparently the owner doesn't know how to do this. I remember last weekend very clearly, lol. I went since the bank is in the local market and I wanted to get some sale stuff. This way I don't have to run all the way into town. The market was absolutely packed! Of course, snow is predicted for tomorrow. After about an hour in there, I finally get back to the station, which is still packed to. Everyone must be filling their tanks. It's not like we are getting a blizzard, 2"-4" is what's predicted for us. During this time the oldest calls this woman who called this morning back and sets up an interview. In 30 minutes. Rush home and get him in the shower, make sure he's shaved and brushed his teeth. He stayed at the station last night, I know my child and it wasn't done. Grab him dress clothes and he's running and buttoning and stuffing out the door, lol. Since this was the very first interview he's ever done, he was nervous. He wanted me to come in with him. Not happening. Don't know if he got the job, they have a full week of interviews and might know something around this time next week. He seems to be excited and really wants the job. He applied to this place twice over the summer. We'll see what happens. It's 2 nights a week and he can still keep his station job.

When I got home was when I realized just how tired I really am. All that running in a short amount of time on top of not enough sleep just caught up to me I think. But, I'm in for the night and can relax a little.

Knitting is tomorrow morning, and just might go. I have to have the oldest to work, so might just head down there for a while since I'll be up. By the time I get back it will be time to get hubby to work and take the oldest home. Probably no shopping over the weekend. Just might be snowed in to, lol.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.