For some reason I keep thinking it's earlier in the week than it really is. Don't know why. I know I'll be glad when Friday gets here and I finally realize it, lol. I'm feeling better, not like myself, but better. Made it through the whole day without having to take anything. Probably going to have to tonight because I can feel it starting to set in again. Not going to go knit tonight. You know I feel bad when I give that up, lol. Since I had a little bit of energy I did all the work that needed to be done, so tomorrow I really don't have to do much of anything. I love those kinds of Fridays. The woman who relieves me had bought the prayer crosses off of the tv that has the Lord's Prayer inscribed inside of them. We had been talking about it when the commercial had come on the tv for it. She got hers over the weekend and brought it in for me to look at. I very rarely buy anything off the tv because you just never know who it's going to look when you actually get it and I'm to lazy to repackage it and return it, lol. And sometimes you have to pay to ship it back. Well, her boyfriend ordered her 2. I don't know why but she brought it in to show me and asked me if I wanted the other one. So I said ok. I really do like it, so she's going to bring it back in tomorrow for me. Poor hubby has this same cold that me and the oldest have. He was running a temp this morning when I saw him, briefly. I purposely didn't call him today until about 1:30 because I wanted him to sleep and wouldn't you know it, the fool called him around noon and woke him up telling him he had to go to work early because he didn't feel good. Hubby went in 30 minutes early so I know the man is feeling really, really bad. Me and the oldest didn't run temps with our cold, but we sure did want to sleep a lot. The oldest went to school today and dropped him off at the station with hubby. I made the kid actually wear a sweatshirt under his work shirt. The kid goes back in those coolers with just a light shirt, sometimes just a short sleeve shirt on. I've stocked those coolers before and it gets cold after a few minutes in there. I used to bring a sweatshirt to wear in there, and that was in the summer time. The kid didn't give me a hard time either, he even grabbed one with a hood on it, lol. Guess he didn't want to make himself sicker than he already is. I did tell him to help hubby a lot because hubby is sick to and doesn't get the option of not working. Hubby has to work, no matter how sick he is. That doesn't mean over the weekend I won't turn the phone off in our room, close the door and let hubby sleep until whenever. The man is going to need as much rest as he can get. When I dropped the oldest off, the fool wasn't there. Hubby said the fool was upstairs because he to has this nasty cold that we all have. I told the youngest he really did a number on all of us this time. He even got the fool sick, lol. The woman who comes in after me says she thinks I got this cold because of how cold the house is. That could be part of it to. You know it's cold inside when the cat lays right up against the electric heater and the dog crawls in your lap and just shivers. The furnace was on, but was set at about 62. On a day when the temp outside is 18 with wind chills around or below zero, you need to turn that heat up a little more. I always wear a turtleneck under either a sweater, sweatshirt or fleece shirt and bring a button up sweater along, just in case. It always gets cold in the afternoons, especially on the days when it's cloudy. It's supposed to get "warmer" over the weekend, into the 40's which will probably feel like spring time around here. Hubby wanted to make an appt to get the taxes done over the weekend, but I think maybe I'm just going to make the appt for Monday, that way I can cancel the doc appt to take blood from me. Looking for any way out of this, lol. But this way, he can sleep over the weekend, and he might be feeling better by Monday, but the appt has to be in the morning so he can be at work in the afternoon, and possibly lay down for a while to. If I keep the doc appt, then I have to be out of there by a certain time and we all know how doc appts go. Some days you sit there forever. I was looking at the kids calendar and starting next Friday they are off for a whole week! Winter break. Why?? They've been on break since December, lol. The youngest did tell me that Friday of next week they do have school, it's a make up day. So I asked him about the week after that. Do they still have that whole week off. Do they really need yet another week off?? He said as far as he knew they had the week off. I'm going to have to check the school's website to make sure. If they have off then I'll know the administration just decided they weren't giving up their week off, lol. I know they have extra days built in, but this is just crazy this year. That means my lady's granddaughter ( the brat) will be home irritating her all week. Which means I'll be ready to pull my hair out. The only good thing about that week is it's a 3 day work week for me. I have a dentist appt scheduled for that week. Glad that worked that way. Didn't make it to bible study last night either. I'm just thinking I need to stay out of the cold and rest as much as possible so I start feeling better sooner. I hope. Hubby must have had a burst of energy when he got up today. I left a load of laundry in the washer ready to be dried. I split the load. There was a new load of laundry in the washer and a new load in the dryer. What I had washed and put in the dryer was taken out and folded and put away. He also did the dishes and took the trash out. I don't usually do dishes before work, I play on the computer before work, lol. When I get to work, there is a sink full of dishes waiting for me and at least one load of laundry dry in the dryer and another waiting to go in. If I do my own before I go to work, I just feel like I'm not getting anything accomplished. I don't do at home that day what I did at work. Who wants to keep doing the same thing over and over again, not me.
Guess I need to get off here and make dinner, the youngest is suggesting he make buttered noodles for dinner. Yuck, I don't want that!
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
February
(25)
- Frozen morning
- Glad it's Friday
- Starting to feel a little better
- Just need to get this out.............
- Trying to get myself back on track
- Hmmm............don't think I like this
- Random photo of India scenery
- The Golden Temple in India
- algie eaters
- Hubby having lunch
- To tired
- Unsettled
- Frustration, and prayer request
- Dull Monday
- What better way to spend a Saturday night
- Finally out of the dark
- Glad this day is almost over
- odds and ends
- Off to a late start
- The weekend is finally here
- Made it thorough another day
- Wednesday
- Today's agenda
- Feelin like crap
- Relaxing day
-
▼
February
(25)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
1 comment:
everything will get better when spring comes!! :)
Post a Comment