Today has been a very unsettled day for me, mood wise. Work was ok, found a unsettling note left for me. Getting tired of these notes telling me things I already know about! Hubby, again, had to work early so no hubby when I got home. Decided to take the oldest shopping for his shoes he's been needing and the books he's been wanting. Get home and in the mail is the boys progress reports for this quarter. The oldest is doing ok, finally been taken out of art, so he's still on the honor roll.
The youngest, what can I say. The youngest has, once again, failed gym . This is an on going battle with this kid. I'm to the point where I will settle for a 70 out of this kid. But a 58?? Sorry, just inexcusable. His excuse, as it usually is, the teacher doesn't like him. Well, ever since he's had gym the teachers don't like him and fail him for no reason. So, the kid lost his ipod until the grade comes up. That really made him mad and he flipped, the end result is no ipod, no phone calls from either the land line or cell, which I have also. I took his laptop and the tv out of the room. He's not allowed on my computer either. And I'll know if he is. The only thing he has left at this point is the tv in the sun room. Maybe it was to harsh, but once he gets going he just doesn't stop and he knows that I'll just keep adding things on to take away until he stops. So, now he's mad. Still really mad. He has lost some of the attitude, but not much. And, we are cleaning everything and doing things without being asked again. It's not going to change my mind, I said 2 weeks and that's what I meant. And he's not laying eyes on the ipod until he gets another progress report either. No phone use means he can't be left home alone either. Taking him with me every where I need to go is more of a punishment for me than him.
While I was out I went looking for ink for my printer since I'm out. The store was out of stock for the ink cartridges when I bought the printer so I didn't get an extra one. Well, I checked 2 stores and neither one has the cartridges. I really didn't want to order online, I wanted to save myself the shipping charges, but now I have no choice. I have to finish printing out my next book so I need ink. I'll be in town on Friday and I'll check again for the ink in the one store that carries it, but I'm going to order online to. Can never have to much ink. Got all my work done in class yesterday. So glad. Now on to the next one, lol.
Yesterday I finally got my books that I had ordered. That left just my yarn. That came today. I was expecting this big box, what I got was an envelope with 2 balls of yarn. Two of the 3 that I ordered are discontinued. The other one is back ordered and not expected to deliver until April! I'll forget by that time. What a disappointment, but it fits for the kind of day it's been.
Off to do a little reading and then probably bed, tomorrow has to be better.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
February
(25)
- Frozen morning
- Glad it's Friday
- Starting to feel a little better
- Just need to get this out.............
- Trying to get myself back on track
- Hmmm............don't think I like this
- Random photo of India scenery
- The Golden Temple in India
- algie eaters
- Hubby having lunch
- To tired
- Unsettled
- Frustration, and prayer request
- Dull Monday
- What better way to spend a Saturday night
- Finally out of the dark
- Glad this day is almost over
- odds and ends
- Off to a late start
- The weekend is finally here
- Made it thorough another day
- Wednesday
- Today's agenda
- Feelin like crap
- Relaxing day
-
▼
February
(25)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
4 comments:
poor grades drive me nuts, too. Here at the H.S., the biggest requirement for P.E. is to dress out every day. Perhaps a call to the coach could clarify what your son needs to be doing? Good luck!
This h s it's the same thing, get dressed for gym and make an attempt to participate.
I've called the gym teachers, on more than one occasion and asked them to call me when the boys aren't getting dressed, but I've never gotten a call, so............
KIDS!! they sure can drive you nuts, even more than husbands!
AS a father of 3 grown kids, I'd say that you are doing a good, proper job in raising/ disciplining your kids, and "Tough Love" works!
Sitting down at the kitchen table, reading and studying the Bible with them really helps them see why it's important to obey mom and dad. Ephesians 6:1 says, "Children, obey your parents in the Lord,for this is right."
Warm Regards,
Tom S
tschuckman@aol.com
Post a Comment