Sunday, February 8, 2009

odds and ends

I didn't get as much accomplished yesterday as I had planned on. Seemed like every time I turned around there was something I had to do. I did get some work done for my class, just not as much as I wanted to. I'm probably about half way through everything, but some progress is better than no progress. There was a movie on tv I wanted to watch last night, so I did sit down and watch that. The youngest was late in getting home. He came right as we were getting dinner. He said it was fun, but after the dishes were done, he headed to bed. That was around 8 or so. I know the child was tired, lol!

The oldest got a call from the people who take them to youth group asking him if he wanted to go to something last night with them. He went so he also had a really long day. He had to work until hubby started yesterday about 3. I put him to work when he got home working on chipping some of the ice away that is starting to melt. I wanted him to see how much ice he could get off the walkway in front of the front steps. We have a small path the width of the shovel, but with it melting some, it would be nice to have a wider walkway. He did some today on that to. When I asked him exactly where he was going he ccouldn't explain it very well. One of the problems the oldest has is forming coherent sentences. What he's thinking and what he actually says can be to very different things. What he told me was he was going to a musical next to our church. The family he went with used to go to our church so I know they wouldn't take him to anything inappropriate. Well, when the kid got home I asked him where he went and what he did. Since it's fresh on his mind he can explain it better. The family he went with home schools all their kids. They have a huge group of other homeschooling families they associate with. These families, who have lots of kids, all formed a group (don't remember the name of the group) and they put on concerts of christian music. It was held in the social hall of our church. I got all the details this morning from one of the women who also has her daughter in this homeschooling group. They were the hosts for this event. Personally, I'm glad the oldest likes to associate with this family and the things they do. I'm glad he's not getting into to many of the extracurricular activities that are associated with the public school system. I prefer the christian based activities. The youngest is the opposite.

Had such a pounding headache this morning when I left for church. It was just as bad when church was over. It seemed like everyone in there was coughing and sneezing. Glad I've already had my cold, lol. It's only in the 40's here and I think they had the heat turned way up to about 80. It was so hot in there. That just made me feel even worse. I couldn't wait until it was over so I could go somewhere cooler. I just felt like crap when I got home, so I crawled back in bed thinking a nap would make me feel better. It didn't. By this time my stomach wasn't feeling that great either. I finally took something and ate a little. Finally, finally the headache is gone and I feel so much better. I did eat breakfast so I don't know what was up with my stomach, but I can't believe how much better I feel now compared to how I felt before.

The kids have the washer and dryer tied up and dinner is in the slow cooker, so I'm going to work on my class some more for a while and see how much more I can get done. I'm resigned to the fact that I will probably be doing this again tomorrow as well, but hopefully I'll be done by then and I can move on. The only thing I have planned is getting the taxes done tomorrow, early. I had to cancel the doc appt because there was no way I could be at the docs at 9 am then to the tax guy by 10 am. They are 50 minutes apart. So, the taxes first.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.