Monday, February 23, 2009

Trying to get myself back on track

A little Christian History

February 23, 303
The Great Persecution
Day of the Roman Feast
"an edict was posted that ordered all copies of Scripture to be burned' all churches destroyed, their property confiscated, and Christian worship forbidden."
quoted out of One Year Book of Christian History by E. Michael and Sharon Rusten

I thought this was interesting. Learned something already today, lol. There is more, but because it's long and involved and something I have to remember for class, I thought maybe if I post these daily readings, paraphrased, it might help me remember it better to.

This weekend feels like it's just been way to long! Got nothing accomplished, and stayed in bed way to long each morning. I decided today that I need to get myself back on track. So for today, what's left of it, has to be devoted to my class. Has to. It's been a few days since I've done anything with it. Always have good intentions, always have something to side track me. I'm going to set up a reading plan for today, and the rest of the week, and try my very hardest to stick to it.

Boys went to school. I actually was surprised. We got a lot of rain and snow mixed yesterday, then late in the afternoon it all changed over to snow. Hubby called for a ride home around midnight, and there was like a crunchy covering on the snow. My car windows were frozen shut. I didn't even bother scraping, just let it warm up and the defrosters do their job. When I got to the station, hubby cleaned the car off really good for me. I wasn't about to do that in my pj's, lol.

Hubby was up at 5:30 am to get ready to go to a company meeting in Albany that started at 8 am. Poor hubby is in for a really long day :( I do hope he napped on the way there and the way home. He went with the owner/uncle. Don't know how long this is going to be, just hope for his sake it's not an all day training thing. He's going to need a nap for sure. I to was up at 5:30 with him because I had to drop him at the station where the owner was meeting him. But, I went back to bed and slept until almost 11 this morning. Tomorrow is back to reality and I have to be up at my normal time. That's going to really hurt.

I noticed last night and this morning, that none of the side roads were plowed. Just the main roads. You know most kids don't live on the main roads, it's the little side roads. I did think they would have a 2 hour delay, then I passed a bus this morning after dropping hubby off. Wow, normal day with poor road conditions. The super must be desperate. I figure, they've already used all their snow days and then some, what's one more? Especially if the road conditions aren't that great. Some of the other schools did close or do the delay thing. If they weren't maxed out on the snow days, this normally would have been a delayed day. And delayed days do count as school days. So I don't understand the logic, or lack of, behind this decision.

Hubby was telling me that his uncle (the one who has no license and stayed with us) will be coming to get his car maybe sometime next month. This situation really irritates me! Enough said on that.

1 comment:

Heli gunner Tom said...

Just think Spring..lol!
Thank you for the warm comments on my Blog concerning the lack of true blue friends now days. And I got more news-- things will get much worse, unfortunately. But you can use that knowledge for your own protection. Learn to be self supporting and prepared for any emergency. But when you are our age, help is important if you are disabled.

Warm Regards,
Tom S
tschuckman@aol.com
Wisconsin

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.