Than in front of the computer. That's how I'm spending my night. Nothing interesting on tv so thought I would catch up on journals.
Well, I've been reminding hubby and reminding hubby about today being Valentines day, and well, he forgot. He blamed it on the flower guy who usually is in front of the station the weekend of certain holidays, like Valentines day, Christmas, etc. Hubby has things worked out with him. He gives hubby an extra big bouquet of roses and hubby gives him free food and drink. Not a bad exchange. Don't know what happened to the guy today, or yesterday. Anyway, that was hubby's flimsy excuse. I had asked him for money this morning because I wanted to go candle shopping. The power was out so long, I burnt a lot of my candles down. He gave me a significant amount of money, more than normal for him. I asked him about valentines day and he told me I had to buy my own flowers and card, he gave me money. Needless to say I wasn't happy and I told him I wasn't buying my own stuff. Even the boys were mad at him for what he said. He did end up going to the market a few blocks from the station and getting me roses and a card. The owner was in the station this morning and forgot to get quarters at the bank, so I was sent to the Laundromat to get quarters. I only took a few dollars worth because I used to go to that Laundromat and I know what it's like to only have cash and find the change machine either empty or not working. To many times I've seen people come in there and take like ten dollars worth of quarters and leave. So I told hubby that was all I could get. He sent me with like $50.00 for quarters. The machine probably doesn't have that much in it. So, we ended up at the market, with me begging for quarters and hubby trying to redeem himself. He's over in the corner looking at the cards. As you walk in the door is a huge stand with Valentines day cards on it. Hubby never saw it, lol. Since I was along, I picked out my own roses. I got a bouquet of red and one of white. Hubby was surprised at 2, but didn't complain. He wanted me to pick out my own card and I told him to do it. I got a box of dark chocolate cordial cherries. Love those things. Never saw them in dark chocolate, but I have a hard time resisting dark chocolate period.
Since hubby's forgiven I decided to make him a plate of snack things. I wasn't sure if he had eaten yet so I just gave him some hot wings, chicken nuggets, cole slaw and some spinach and artichoke dip he had frozen. Took that to the station along with his bag I've been adding to for the past 2 weeks. This year I did just little things because I really didn't know what else to do. Last year I got him a sterling silver ring with a tigers eye in the middle and do you know, not even a month later he lost it! I saved to buy that ring for like a month. So no more expensive jewelry for him.
I think tomorrow I'm going to go and get Chinese take out. I really wanted that today, but I had to go all the way into Hudson for it, since there's no takeout or fast food close to home. I was tired from all the running I had to do today. Yesterday hubby wanted me to go and get chicken for the store, but I couldn't do it. So I got stuck with doing it today. Hubby went to work at noon and the chicken store closes at 2 pm today, so time was short. My plans were to work on my class and do laundry. No work on the class, but I did print out the next few chapters.
The last load of laundry is in the dryer for the night. I had to wash my coat. Yesterday when I was in the in service, the woman sitting next to me dropped her cup of coffee on the floor. I didn't think much of it. Thought maybe she might have splashed me a little. Yeah, right. She got my purse which was sitting on the floor on the opposite side, my shoe, my pant leg and the whole side of my coat, sleeve and pocket and bottom. I kept smelling coffee in there and just thought it was from the floor. Then I go to put my coat on and realize it's rather damp. Of course, my purse is sticky and there's coffee on the other side of my coat when the purse laid against it. So, had to wash my coat today. It washed and dried really nicely.
Tomorrow I'm determined to do only what I have planned. Nothing else, lol.
This is my little piece of cyberspace to put my thoughts from weight loss, childrearing and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Facebook Badge
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(200)
-
▼
February
(25)
- Frozen morning
- Glad it's Friday
- Starting to feel a little better
- Just need to get this out.............
- Trying to get myself back on track
- Hmmm............don't think I like this
- Random photo of India scenery
- The Golden Temple in India
- algie eaters
- Hubby having lunch
- To tired
- Unsettled
- Frustration, and prayer request
- Dull Monday
- What better way to spend a Saturday night
- Finally out of the dark
- Glad this day is almost over
- odds and ends
- Off to a late start
- The weekend is finally here
- Made it thorough another day
- Wednesday
- Today's agenda
- Feelin like crap
- Relaxing day
-
▼
February
(25)
About Me
- madison
- I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.
1 comment:
My flu symptoms broke and I am getting better now on the 7th day. But I know what special healing herbs to take. Email for advice.
Tom
tschuckman@aol.com
Post a Comment