Sunday, February 1, 2009

Relaxing day

It's been a really good day, just seems to have gone way to fast. Got the oldest to work on time this morning, usually he's late. Even got to church on time, but not early enough to make it there before this one family. Since we have service in the social hall, there are folding chairs that are set up, but only so many. Well, folding chairs side by side really don't give you much room for other things, not like a pew does. And there's not that many chairs anyway. The people that are already there have the hymnals, bibles, purses, etc sitting on the empty ones next to them. I'm fine with that because I like to spread out to. I refuse to put my bible on the floor, no matter what! Anyway, there's this one family that used to show up late. Not so much anymore. Anyway, we always play musical seats every week. Now it's more like first to show up gets. The problem is who ever shows up last, has to sit in the back and get their own chairs because there's not enough. Then you have to swipe a hymnal that someones not using and doesn't have buried. Today we both got there at the same time. Parking at the church is limited to. They pulled into the last parking spot on the one side which made me pull around the back. Luckily, there was one spot left, or I would have had to turn around and park at the side of the church, in the snow. The back behind the social hall has limited parking with a L shaped area. I always like to back in because it makes getting out much simpler. Today this family beat me to the parking spot and the last row of folding chairs. But.......... there were some people who didn't show up for church today, so we lucked out. I don't know what happens on Sunday mornings, but no matter how early I'm up I always end up rushing out the door. I think a big part of it is I have to always wait on the youngest. He never wants to go and makes sure to drag his feet I think. On the rare occasion hubby will go, I have to wake him 30 minutes early and tell him I'm leaving sooner than I need to so we show up just as service is starting. The oldest told me I need to go to Sunday school which is before church. I told him I can't get to church at 11 am, how am I going to make it to Sunday school at 10 am? Even getting up around 8:30 am. I bet I would be there on time if it was just me going.


Spent the rest of the day doing basically nothing. Came home and bothered hubby until he got up, lol. It was time anyway. Played around on the computer, put dinner in and well, now it's later than I thought and I'm wondering where the day went. I hope the time flys by while I'm waiting for the mechanic to work on the car tomorrow, lol.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.