Thursday, February 19, 2009

Unsettled

Why is it the weather has such an effect on peoples moods? It sure does get to me. It's one of those days where it's just cloudy and dreary outside. No rain/snow, but maybe some snow showers. It started snowing early yesterday afternoon, then later in the evening was turned to a mix and then to rain. Well, I don't know what it did after I got home. I didn't go to bible study not wanting to take a chance with the weather by finding it slippery afterwards. I didn't get a call saying they cancelled it, but I don't always get a call. So, I spent the night working on my class and taking breaks by playing on the computer. Hubby called me and told me that the oldest had to work this morning. Now, hubby didn't know I was off today and wanted me to drop the oldest before work. I had no intentions of getting out of bed before I was ready this morning, lol. So, I had to tell him I was off and why. So, he wanted the oldest around 11 am. That I could handle.

It seems to be taking forever to get through this next chapter for this class. It's a huge chapter and seems to be so much work. I spent quite a few hours on it last night and just don't feel like I've gotten anywhere with it. I've looked ahead and the next few aren't as long as this one. I'm beginning to feel like it will be summer before I get through this one, lol. Then again, if I didn't have so many interruptions, I might feel like I'm getting somewhere!

Tonight is knitting night and I've decided that I don't want to go. I really don't have anything started. I have something I want to start, but just not in the mood for it yet. What I want to work on I haven't found a pattern for that I really like. That unsettled mood is kicking in again :) But, I really just want to spend some time with hubby tonight. Not that I get much when he's working, but a little is better than nothing right now. I think if hubby goes to India next month I'll go out of my mind. This is like he's gone to.

After I dropped the oldest off at work we went to walmart only because I had to pay on the credit card. I had a few things I wanted to pick up and finally remembered to bring 2 of my watches to have the battery replaced in them. I have lots of watches and only one that is still working. So, I'll try to take them 2 at a time over the next few months so when the batteries go, the won't all go at once. Whatever happened to the wind up watches?? I wouldn't have that problem now if they were still around. So much for new and improved. Since I was already in that horrible store and I needed printer paper, I decided to look for the other things I needed. Actually I was just pricing them, but they were actually cheaper. I was surprised, but since I spend as little time as possible in there, I wouldn't know. But, I'm thinking, maybe, just maybe, getting some of the food items I have to go to the supermarket in town for, might be easier on the food bill. I bought 4 cans of black beans, 2 cans of healthy choice soup, 2 bras, 2 packs of paper, and a large container of instant oatmeal and spent 25.00. For me that was cheap. I seem to never walk out of there without spending at least $80.00 or more. I did price the cereal and some I can get cheaper, but if I'm in the area, I might pick up what I can't get at my favorite grocery store.

Well, that was my break from class, so guess it's time to see just how much more I can get accomplished this afternoon. May as well spend my time wisely, lol.

1 comment:

Heli gunner Tom said...

Snow and cold is kind of fun up North in the Land of beer and cheese--Wisconsin at first. But after January is gets kind of OLD and STALE. Right now in the Winter season, I also get depressed, with 'Cabin Fever', etc. I dream of the green fresh scent of growing things, grass and our Veggie Garden in the back yard. I am even thinking about buying another motorcycle..Woo Woo!
I hope that you cheer up.

Cordially,
Tom S
tschuckman@aol.com
Wisconsin

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.