Today was a child free day, and what did I get to do today? Hubby and his friend drug my butt through 3 different stores! Now normally,I don't mind, but I was just tired today. Last night was the first night I slept all night without having to get up because of coughing like crazy. But, had to get the oldest to work, so I was up early. The youngest went to a friends house so I had to drop him off an hour later. Since I was half way to town anyway, I decided to go ahead into town and food shop. Loaded and unloaded the groceries from the car all by myself because hubby was still sleeping. Put everything away and cleaned the fridge out. It was in some serious need of a good cleaning, but I got all the food that was becoming science experiments in the trash and wiped the shelves down some. Tomorrow I will take them out and give them a good cleaning. What ever possessed me to get a fridge with glass shelves I'll never know. Seems like they spend more time dirty than they do clean! By the time I got that done, hubby was up and it was time to put the wash in the dryer. I'm still waiting for that person to invent a washer and dryer system that just automatically transfers the wet laundry into the dryer all by itself! And turns it on, lol.So hubby informs me that we are going into town and the kid he works with is going with us. OK. So we go back to Staples for the rebate for his security software. I had looked online before we left thinking maybe I could do the rebate that way. It wasn't online. Check in the store and yea, there's one. Go through the process of returning and re buying, only to realize the rebate wasn't printing out. Check the box on the shelf, which I had already done and here I realize that the rebate form is in the box! gggrrrrrrr The kid, just didn't understand and we went there for nothing. Ok, now I know. Next was walmart. Hubby and the kid want a cell phone plan. Walmart doesn't have the deals that the Verizon store has. Did manage to get the one thing in Walmart I needed though. But, while in walmart we had to wait about 10 minutes for the phone person to come back from lunch. They wanted some kind of two for one deal and walmart didn't have that. Again, time wasted had someone actually taken the time to explain to me what they were after! So, to the phone store. Then they couldn't decide on what they wanted and hubby said one of the boys told him they could get the family plan online for much cheaper than the store had. Then he's asking me why some people don't pay as much as the plans he's looking at. I told him it all depends on the kind of sale they are having at the time. This sale was on some phones, buy one get one or two free. We did end up with the kid getting Internet service for his notebook. I grabbed a pricing plan from the store and will go online and compare plans. Then on the way home I picked up the youngest and him and the kid were talking and they decided the kid didn't need his wireless router that he has and were talking about returning that. gggrrrrrr Just came from Staples, for the second time this week! I'm thinking I just might keep it, that way we can get out iPods on and the printer is set up for wireless to. That way, all we would need is a stick for the laptop for the youngest and we should be all set. For now, lol!
I have successfully gotten nothing around the house done. No class work either. And I'm tired. Not sure if I'm going to sit down with the book tonight or not. If I don't then I have double the work to do tomorrow. I'll decide after dinner I think. I have no plans to go anywhere tomorrow, lol. There are things I need to do, like tackle 2 rebates, class, cleaning, and the never ending laundry. Mostly, I'm tired. I just want to stay home and do what needs to be done. Today is the most I've been out since I got sick. And then of course, work called about that month long case, so have to return that call. Not that I want to, but I should make some sort of an effort and it is 4 weeks of steady work. I just might have all of September off, who knows. Gonna throw dinner in and make plans for the rest of the week. Need to get myself back on some kind of schedule!


No comments:
Post a Comment