Friday, July 10, 2009

Maybe I shouldn't have done that






Today was the first day I've actually ventured out of the house and "somewhere." Well, I'm really thinking maybe I shouldn't have. I'm so tired!! Yesterday I drove hubby and the youngest to the station. That was the first I've driven myself in over a week. Boy did it feel weird to drive again :) I found myself going really slow, because it felt way to fast for me, and then it seemed like I wanted to drive right down the center lane and I was fighting with the wheel, lol. But, I did take myself home the longer way simply because I just wanted out of the house. And the longer I drove the more used to it I would get again.
So, today I decided to go into town. Like a 30 minute drive each way into town. I thought I would go to one of the smaller dollar stores. Didn't think I could handle the bigger of the two. It's warmer today than it's been in a while. I noticed while I was driving the closer to town I got the warmer it was getting, so on the way back I put the air on. I only went to the dollar store for toothbrushes. and a few other things. I need a new one since I just had the flu. Lately I've been buying toothbrushes in packs, but in my house I have to have either a pink or red on because otherwise the guys will all claim the other colors. I have 3 green ones left from the other pack. Both hubby and the oldest have green toothbrushes now. I always give hubby green, that way he's not confused, lol. The guys see pink and red as girlie colors, so anything that color is automatically mine. I went in for about 3 things and walked out spending over $20, lol. I found blue ball point pens so I grabbed them. I have a serious dislike for black ink pens. Got a new stationary pad to put in with my bible to take notes on since the last one has some paper left, but it's literally falling apart. I'll just leave that one home from now on. I grabbed all the pretty bottles of hand soap, lol. Most of them were clear and fresh coconut scent. I'm not big on the coconut smell. I also went for some dish towels. Usually, they have tons of them. Not today, probably because I wanted them, lol. Most were red and white, not colors I usually go for, but I did find some in greens and blues. After I got home and really looked at my curtains, which have roosters on them, I realized the red and white one would have gone well to. Oh well, there's always next time. I'm thinking hubby is wrapping his bread in the dish towels and taking them over to the station with him. They seem to be disappearing.. Now, how these men don't know that rooster dish towels aren't theirs, I'll never know. But, I got new ones now! Not of roosters though. I was going to go to another store that is closer to home, but I was so tired when I got back into the, car I just drive straight home. It will give me another excuse to go out tomorrow, lol.
Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer than today and more humid. Ugh! The guy for the ac isn't coming until sometime next week I believe, so I'll be hiding inside under the fans. Maybe I'll start my class again. I went online and bought myself a concordance
and a new study Bible. I could read the pages out of it before I bought it and I think I like it more than the study Bible I already have. I need one for class and always getting the other one, which has a cover on it and I take to church and Bible study, is just a pain because I have so many places bookmarked I get lost. It's the only study Bible I have or had. Soon I'll have 2, one for church and one just for class. It will be so much easier.
Took a walk in the garden yesterday. What I saw really made me want to scream! Not only has the groundhog been digging under the fence and destroyed the broccoli, cauliflower, and lettuce, but the thing has been diggin in there! Ggggrrrrrr!! My kale is still savable, but not the other stuff so tomorrow I'm going to try and get hubby and the boys outside to pull that stuff out. It's in some serious need of weeding to. I can't find my radishes or carrots. There are small green beans and zucchini growing, that I could see. I also saw very small green tomatoes. Thinking maybe they are the cherry tomatoes starting. Not sure. There are so many weeds in the onions and chives, it's hard to find them to, lol. Hubby's been slacking, lol!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.