Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summer like weather


It's beginning to feel like July around here! The humidity is moving in. UGH!! I'm hoping it won't be around for to long. It was very damp, cool and rainy all day yesterday. It got no higher than 68 yesterday. Today it's warm, humid, sunny and in the low 80's. What a huge change in a 24 hour period. I had the boys put the window ac's in because I was already getting warm early this morning. Then hubby decided he wanted his hair cut so I had to go outside, in the sun, and do his hair. He wanted it all buzzed off so it was a fast job on my part. Way to hot in the sun for me.
Hubby is starting to feel better. He's getting up and moving around more. I think his fever is starting to finally break. He was all clammy feeling this morning. He said he didn't have much of a fever last night, so that's good. I know he gets tired really easily though because he just sits/lays around. That is not like hubby, he has to always be moving or doing something. He has been home since Monday so he's getting the rest he needs. He still hasn't found his ins card so we can't get the chest x-ray done. I guess I could get a copy sent from doc but she won't be back in the office until Friday I think. I called for a new one, but it will be 7 to 10 days before that one comes. So, he might need it anyway for another time. He doesn't want to get the x-ray done but I keep trying to make him understand this will tell just what it is he has. He still says if he feels better then he doesn't need it. I tired.
Work has been calling him every day. The kid actually since he's the one who has to work nights for hubby. The fool actually called today whining about being so tired from having to open at 4 am and work all day alone. I have no sympathy for this man. He wants to be the boss and when you are the boss, it's your responsibility to cover, or find someone to cover, for an employee who can't work. Quit your whining and grow up. He called hubby back and told him he had to go to the station to do an order and he has to work tomorrow because of it being grocery day and the folk festival starts tomorrow. I know they get kind of busy during the festivals, but since they know this and this is a yearly thing, I think the fool should schedule accordingly. But what do I know?? Anyway, I really don't see hubby working a 12 hour shift just yet. He did go to the station to do the order and took the oldest with him. He said he wouldn't be long but he's been gone an hour already. The oldest isn't working today because his boss hasn't felt well for about a week now. Seems to be complaining of the same things we all have had some form of. So today, he calls and says he's not doing nothing and his wife is now sick to. Think someone should go to the doc in that house?? I don't like going to the doc but if I had a fever for over a week, I would take myself.
On my short trip outside today I happened to notice the cherry tomatoes are starting to turn red. Cool beans. And I have some rather large zucchini that need to be picked but that will be done later today. Once the sun goes down.
Me and the cat were enjoying a nice quiet house, and in walks the youngest. So much for out 10 minutes of peace. I was working on my reading and then the phone rang. Of course, it's for me. So that ended my reading for now. Decided to check the weather since I was interrupted and already up. So here I am, lol. I know as soon as I get settled again hubby and the oldest will be home.

2 comments:

Amrita said...

we are in the 80s and its very humid

Estela said...

Hope hubby is feeling better soon. I'm in "humidity-central" down here in AL. But I finally found a shampoo that really does keep my hair from Frizzing! So that is a plus. :)

Followers

About Me

I'm a married mother of 2 teenage boys who lives in Upstate New York.