I have to say, I'm really glad today is Friday and I have no real plans for the weekend, except church. I have spent most of today doing all kinds of errands and well, I'm exhausted!!
Hubby worked for about 2 hours yesterday, came home put his pj's back on and parked it on the sofa in the sun room and stayed put until bedtime. He even watched a movie with me on lifetime! He never does that. He always takes the remote and turns the Indian channels on. How rude, lol! The movie was pretty good, but it ran long. It was 3 hours so again I didn't get to bed until later than I wanted to. Since my reading was done I worked on some more tawashies. Got 2 done and another one on the knitting needles. I love those things! They work great on the dishes, knit/crochet up fast and just toss them in the wash and get a new one every day.
The more I think about it the more I think tonight is going to be get what you want for dinner night . I have a little salad left that I think I want. I'll put some chicken on it and maybe bake a potato for myself. The boys won't eat any of that, but I missed lunch and I'm really not all that hungry right now. I'll probably be starving about 11 tonight and then all I'll be able to have is a glass of milk. I'm thinking I need to add snacks in, especially after dinner, but when it gets warmer and humid, I just don't get hungry. I'm trying to teach myself not to eat if I'm not hungry. This weather and lack of a schedule is just workin for me.
I was reading someones blog the other day and she was talking about only counting non fruit and veggies in her total calories for the day. I thought about this and I like that because there was a time when I counted every bite of food I ate. It got to be real tedious when I would make a chicken sandwich and add a few slices of onion, tomato, and spinach leaves. I found it to be a real hassle. Besides, just how many calories are actually in 2 tomato slices???? My whole goal is to ear more fruits and veggies anyway and the mentality of this works for me. I tried it for a few days and it really made me want to eat more fruits and veggies, because in my mind, they don't count. I'm not saying every fruit and veggie is going to count as nothing, because there are some that I just have to count, but if I want that big salad for dinner, it's ok, I just have to count the non veggie stuff I add to it, like egg, cheese, or chicken. How many calories are in a cup of lettuce???? I really don't think enough to throw my calorie count off for the day. I also find at night when I'm starving, I'll go more for something like fruit, without the syrup, or even an apple. If I have the apple, I'll add the peanut butter that I had with it. The fruit counts as nothing, unless I add cottage cheese to the fruit. It's the mentality of it that works for me. Who doesn't want to eat something and have it not count? Now today, I've blown it. All I've had so far is cereal for breakfast and no fruit since we don't have any in the house and a cookie for lunch. There will be no loss this week because of the skipped meals. That really sucks. I used to be able to miss meals and lose weight, not anymore.
Well, I'm hungry now, all that talking about food! Going to have that salad with a potato and the boys are on their own for dinner, lol.
3 comments:
Madison you are like a breath of fresh air. You do just as I do and rattle on about what you are thinking and doing and just plain everyday living!!! I am so glad you stopped by and please come back.
Hi Brenda,
I got your address from Lucy.Your bogg is nice and your writing is clear.
I saw you have a cat too.I like cats but cannot keep any more a couse my allergism.
Sorry my bad english but I like to read differance bloggs and to keep my english...going...
Perhaps you have a little time to visit my bogg too.
Have a nice day.
Hi Madison, have a good weekend.
Post a Comment