
My fuchsia plant. I'm glad to see it's made it through all these high winds and storms. I have two. One is planted in the corner of the house and the deck. This one is planted in the corner of the deck and the deck stairs.







These are my backyard views. Notice all the high grass in the last one? That's what separates our two houses. I believe the groundhogs have made a home in all that high grass. That's where I see them run to when I surprise them by going outside, lol.
Since it's such a nice day, I'm thinking I'm going to take advantage and spent a lot of time outside today. It's in the mid 70's and the humidity is low. It is hot in the sun though, lol. I've already been outside hanging my laundry out, lol. Think I'm going to go outside this afternoon in the gazebo and work on my translation's for the next chapter in my book. My mood has not been the greatest lately. Not sure if it's just all this "stuff" or lack of sunshine, but maybe spending some time outside will make me feel better.
While I was outside I noticed hubby has been working in the garden doing the weeding. I went through and put all the vines on the tomato plants back inside the tomato cages. I also saw in my herb garden that most of my dill is gone and some of the cilantro. The groundhogs have totally destroyed the broccoli and cauliflower. We won't be getting any this year. I did see the lettuce is starting to come back, so I'll have to keep an eye on that. I really want home grown lettuce this year, lol. I haven't planted the spring mix yet because I haven't been able to find the seeds. I know they are in the shed. But where?? I'll have to see if the youngest can get them out for me today so I can get them in the planter. My spinach is coming up and looking good. I have it in a planter on the front railing. This way I can keep an eye on it if it's getting to much sun or decided to bolt.
Going to spend some time in the great outdoors, lol.
1 comment:
it's rained so much here that the weeds are trying to bet me! I will win though! have a great 4th
Post a Comment