Anyway, I'm still bored and I thought it would be the perfect time to play around with some things, since when I go looking for or at stuff, I never really have the time it takes to figure out how to do things.
I thought this was cute. With all the rain we've been getting I don't need to get my watering can out to water my flowers though. I'll have to get outside and empty all the water out of the plants that have pots under them. I wouldn't want them to drown, lol. I'm sure they are still in shock though because being inside my house they never get as much water as they've gotten in the past few days. They're lucky they get it twice a month, lol.
I had a mosquito plant that the youngest brought home from school last year and I set it in the back of the swing all last summer and it really did chase the mosquito's away. Unfortunately........................it didn't make it through the winter in my house. It was struggling along, but I think it wasn't getting enough light, so I moved it and it seemed to be doing better. I saw new leaves coming so it must have liked it's new home better. But..............I accidentally gave it kool aid, thinking it was water, and that was the end of that:( The kool aid was in a red cup and since the boys mostly drink water anyway, I have a habit of pouring what's in the cup into a plant instead of down the drain. Well, not such a good idea that time. I discovered houseplants don't like kool aid, lol. Now I do check before giving it to my plants. I cut the plant all the way back, and put it outside in the sun, but I don't see anything happening. It's done for. I've never seen one in the nursery's before either so this year we will just have to suffer with the mosquito's. I looked in all my houseplant books, but it's not in there so...................... Live and learn I guess :)
1 comment:
Like your new blog look. Clean and professional and you did well with the picture its not too difficult you know.
Your husband doesn 't realize that you are in between jobs, and not on vacation. LOL, that 's what women in Punjab would think!
Good you are getting all hat rain ao you 'll will not have water shortage
and t will keep up green and cool.
That mosquito plant 's a miracle if it keeps the muskies away. Can you plant it from seeds? I can ask someone to send me seeds.
What course are you doing?
What about your knitting?
Post a Comment