Boy, did we get the rain yesterday and last night! I was pouring when I was driving home. You couldn't see a thing, but I made it home ok.When I got up this morning to take the oldest to work I noticed the side of my yard was flooded. I should have taken pics this morning, but I had to be at work an hour earlier, hubby forgot to bring me something for lunch, so I was just to rushed. I did get pics after I got home tonight.
This is the side of the yard. Where the white lattice is I have, or maybe had, morning glory's planted there. This morning the water was covering all the grass, no dry spots so it has gone down quite a bit.
This is the side of the yard. Where the white lattice is I have, or maybe had, morning glory's planted there. This morning the water was covering all the grass, no dry spots so it has gone down quite a bit.Tomorrow is Friday and I'm really glad. Every night when I get home from work, I come home exhausted! I got so lazy just doing whatever while I was off. This week everything has gone back to normal. The oldest is back to work, hubby is back to work doing his 12 hour shifts, and I'm back to work. My body needs to adjust to this, to much so soon, lol.
Tonight is knitting and I'm staying home. I had to work earlier and then had to go to the office for an in service. It wasn't as long as I expected it to be, and I actually got home only 45 minutes later than normal. But I'm more tired than normal to. There was so much traffic in town! But then again, I never get into town during the week usually. There was one girl at the in service who is in the same position as me, just filling in for people when needed. So I know I'm not alone in this and maybe they really don't have the work.
Still working on class, just a lot slower. This next chapter is incredibly long to so I'm just taking my time with it. No rush.
Hubby had a follow up with the doc yesterday. She wanted to make sure his lungs were clear. They are so that's good, although he's still coughing, but not as much. He made an appt to get his blood work done on Monday. We'll see if he actually does this. He didn't want to go to the doc yesterday unless I went with him. He made the blood work appt during my working hours. He says he will go himself. Ha!
The other day I had given a friend of mine into about a book that was recommended to me. I haven't read it yet, but it looks interesting. I told her she could request a copy online. It's a religious based book. She was asking me if maybe she could get it at the library. I really didn't know, but it's worth a try. Then she went on to tell me that the library closest to her recently was selling/giving away all their religious books because they weren't allowed to keep them in the library! Can you imagine? It's a library for crying out loud! They can keep all other kinds of books except religious. I had no idea so I don't know if this is something recent or not. I'll have to check at my local library and see if they have the same thing and ask them why.
The oldest is home so time to make dinner. I'm really hungry tonight!


1 comment:
You had a good downpour which we are missing. The thirsty earth drinks it all up in no time.
Have a restful weekend
Post a Comment